We are pleased that you have chosen us to assist in your care. Our facility combines the latest surgical technology with a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. This page is designed to provide as much information as possible and to help answer many of the questions you may have regarding your surgery prior to your visit. If you have a specific concern that is not addressed satisfactorily, please feel free to call Cool Springs Surgery Center at (615) 468-2772.
Learn what to expect and what measures should be taken before, during and after your surgery:
- Please talk to your doctor about any daily medications you are currently taking. Be sure to mention any over the counter medications, including herbal supplements.
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) after 12:00 AM (midnight) unless your physician instructs you differently.
- Take a bath or shower the night before or morning of the surgery.
- Brush your teeth but do not swallow the water.
- Refrain from smoking the evening prior and do not drink alcohol 24 hours before surgery.
The Day of Surgery
- It is important that you arrive promptly at the scheduled time.
- We encourage you to ask any questions you might have.
- Let the staff know of any special needs you might have.
- Bring a picture ID and insurance cards with you. Bring forms (pre-op orders, history and physical copies of labs and EKG) from your physician if requested.
- If you are taking prescription medications, bring your medications or a complete list of your medications, including the dosage and frequency.
- Arrange for a family member or friend to wait in the waiting room. You must have a responsible person to drive you home and make any necessary stops at the pharmacy after your surgery. They must remain with you between 12 and 24 hours.
- Do not wear make-up.
- Valuables (i.e. all jewelry and money) should be left at home.
- You may wear glasses, but no contact lenses.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Dizziness is normal after receiving anesthesia; therefore you should wait 24 hours after returning home before:
- Driving or operating equipment
- Signing important papers
- Making significant decisions
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
- Taking any medications that are not prescribed or acknowledged by your surgeon
- Be sure to follow any specific post operative instructions given to you by your physician regarding diet, exercise, rest, activities, and medication. A written summary of these will be provided to you prior to your release.
- Notify your doctor if you notice any abnormalities at the operative site.